Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime … it’s that time of year again when we can be very easily distracted at the office. We may be thinking of summer vacations, what the kids are doing while home from school or which vegetables to pick out of the garden for dinner.
But, there’s still work to be done! Here are some tips to help keep you focused and productive at the office:
- Make a list of things you need to get done throughout the day. Goals that are written down can help us stay on track. Plus, as we check them off, it’ll make us feel great that we’ve accomplished something.
- Limit social media time or stay off of it completely during work hours. It’s easy to become wrapped up in what your friends are posting, so avoid it altogether if you’re not getting your work done.
- Close your office door or wear headphones to avoid distractions around you.
- Take breaks! Go outside for some fresh air, enjoy a quick walk, chat with co-workers or grab a nice cold snack. Sometimes just a little downtime can be just enough to recharge you.
- Bring some of the outdoors in. Bring in a vase full of flowers or display some summertime pictures. Instead of yearning to be outside, simply bring some of it in.
- Alter your hours, if possible, to best fit you. Are you a morning person? Then get into the office early, get your work accomplished and leave early to enjoy the rest of your day.
- Take a day off. Whether it’s just to relax, enjoy the outdoors or attend to personal chores, sometimes a day away from work is all it takes to become refreshed and ready to tackle another day.