Parliamentary Procedures Certification Program
• About the Certification Program
Become a Certified Tribal Parliamentarian (CTP)! This unique new certification program is perfect for anyone who has already taken Falmouth Institute’s Robert’s Rules of Order class and would like to demonstrate that they have the knowledge and skills necessary to adopt or adapt standard parliamentary procedure for a tribal environment.
This program will help you move beyond the basics to a deeper understanding of how parliamentary procedure and the intricacies of meeting management can make your organization more productive and responsive. Regardless of the parliamentary procedure you are currently using, you’ll learn to master the terminology, employ effective meeting strategies and demonstrate superior facilitation skills. You’ll develop useful techniques for handling difficult and unruly meeting participants and learn how to effectively use your governing documents. And you’ll put it all to work in a mock meeting designed to give you practical experience with the application of parliamentary procedure.
Show your commitment to your organization and your community by going to the next level with a certification in Parliamentary Procedure!
Perfect for tribal chairpersons, board/council members, presidents, tribal administrators, principals, administrative professionals, and committee organizers and chairs.
• Certification Process
Become certified by completing these simple steps:
- Register for and attend the Parliamentary Procedure Certification Program
- Pass the online qualifying exam within seven days of finishing the Program
The Falmouth Tribal Parliamentary Procedure Certification Program can also be delivered as an Onsite Program for organizations seeking to certify at least seven participants. To discuss onsite training opportunities, please call us at 800-992-4489 or click here.
• Testing Information
To receive your Tribal Parliamentary Procedure Certification, you must pass the online qualifying exam.*
- In class, you’ll receive instructions on how to get your unique username and password and how to access the exam.
- You’ll have seven days from the last day of class to access the exam. You must complete the exam in one sitting and you’ll receive your results immediately after you submit it.
- You’ll be able to download your certificate showing that you are certified in Tribal Parliamentary Procedure as soon as you have passed the exam.
- If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, you’ll have one year to re-test. You may take the exam a total of three times, after which you’ll have to register for and attend the Tribal Parliamentary Procedure Certification Program again before you are permitted to re-test. You must pay a $100 exam fee each time you re-register to take the exam.
*Testing accommodations are available to those with a documented disability. Please contact Falmouth at 1-800-992-4489 or email@example.com to discuss your particular situation. You must request accommodations when you register for the Certification Program for accommodations to be guaranteed.
• Adjunct Faculty
Falmouth takes pride in its exceptional faculty. We only work with outstanding trainers who have years of specialized Indian Country experience and who are experts in their fields. You can expect your instructor(s) for this program to deliver top quality training suited to your unique needs as a tribal professional with financial oversight responsibilities.