Advanced Human Resource Certification Program
• About the Certification Program
The Advanced Human Resource Certification Program has been thoroughly revamped to focus on advanced applied concepts which are useful to ALL tribal HR professionals in their day-to-day tasks. We’ll explore employment law fundamentals; ways to address bullying, harassment and sexual harassment; timekeeping and compliance issues; writing job descriptions strategically; honing leadership and communication skills; strategies for improving employees’ work-life balance; and many other important topics.
This program is designed for tribal HR professionals who have successfully completed Falmouth Institute’s Human Resource Certification, or who can demonstrate at least 6 years of employment in the tribal HR field. If you’ve already earned the Advanced HR Certification, join us again for new topics and hands-on solutions to common problems in tribal HR.
• Certification Process
Become certified by completing these simple steps:
- Register for and attend the Advanced Human Resource Certification Program
- Pass the online qualifying exam within ten days of finishing the Program
The Falmouth Advanced Human Resource Certification Program can also be delivered as an Onsite Program for organizations seeking to certify at least seven participants. To discuss onsite training opportunities, please call us at 800-992-4489 or click here.
• Testing Information
In addition to five days of intensive training with Indian Country’s leading HR professionals, participants must pass an online exam* that requires them to apply their advanced knowledge to HR challenges common in Indian Country. You must take the exam within seven days of completing the Advanced Human Resource Certification Program.
- The exam consists of multiple choice and true/false questions drawn from the program’s course content.
- In class, you’ll receive instructions on how to get your unique username and password and how to access the exam.
- You’ll have seven days from the last day of class to access the exam. You must complete the exam in one sitting and you’ll receive your results immediately after you submit it.
- You’ll be able to download your certificate showing that you are a certified Advanced Tribal Human Resource Professional (ATHRP) immediately after passing the exam.
- • If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, you’ll have one year to re-test. You may take the exam a total of three times, after which you’ll have to register for and attend the Advanced Human Resource Certification Program again before you are permitted to re-test. You must pay a $100 exam fee each time you re-register to take the exam.
*Testing accommodations are available to those with a documented disability. Please contact Falmouth at 1-800-992-4489 or email@example.com to discuss your particular situation. You must request accommodations when you register for the Certification Program for accommodations to be guaranteed.
• Adjunct Faculty
Falmouth takes pride in its exceptional faculty. We only work with outstanding trainers who have years of specialized Indian Country experience and who are experts in their fields. You can expect your instructor(s) for this program to deliver top quality training suited to your unique needs as a tribal professional with financial oversight responsibilities.
• Maintaining your Certification
Your certification is valid for one year from the date it is issued. To maintain your certification, you must complete steps 1 and 2 below:
1. Attend at least 12 hours of QUALIFIED CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES (CEUs) before your certification expiration date.**
QUALIFIED TRAINING includes any of Falmouth Institute’s 2-5 day Human Resources classes.
2. Submit a certification maintenance form by the expiration date.
**Falmouth will grant extensions for students who have registered for upcoming classes that start up to 2 months beyond the month their certification expires in. Such students will still need to submit the certification maintenance form by the expiration date. They must note on the form that the class is upcoming, and, upon class completion, resubmit their certification form.