Tribal Office Manager Certification Program
• About the Certification Program
The office manager plays a central role within tribal programs. From ensuring that the day-to-day functions of the office run efficiently to overseeing office policies and procedures to managing budgets to supervising office staff and more, the office manager has an increasingly complex and vital role in today’s tribal organizations.
This Certification Program is recommended for those looking both to hone their skills as a tribal office manager and demonstrate their leadership potential in a tribal organization. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity. Become a Certified Tribal Office Manager (CTOM) today!
• Certification Process
Become certified by completing these simple steps:
1. Register for and attend Falmouth’s Tribal Office Manager Certification Program.
2. Pass the qualifying exam within 7 days of finishing the Program.
The Tribal Office Manager Certification Program can also be delivered as an onsite program. This onsite program can be delivered for organizations seeking to certify at least seven participants. To discuss onsite training opportunities, please call us at 800-992-4489 or click here.
• Testing Information
To receive your Tribal Office Manager Certification, you must pass the online qualifying exam.*
- The exam consists of 60 multiple choice and true/false questions drawn from the program’s course content.
- In class, you’ll receive instructions on how to receive your unique username and password and how to access the exam.
- You’ll have 7 days from the last day of class to access the exam. You must complete the exam in one sitting and you’ll receive your results immediately after you submit it.
- You’ll be able to download your certificate showing that you are a certified Tribal Office Manager as soon as you have passed the exam.
- If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, you’ll have one year to re-test. You may take the exam a total of three times, after which you’ll have to register for and attend the Tribal Office Manager Certification Program again before you are permitted to re-test. You must pay a $100 exam fee each time you re-register to take the exam.
*Testing accommodations are available to those with a documented disability. Please contact Falmouth at 1-800-992-4489 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your particular situation. You must request accommodations when you register for the Certification Program for accommodations to be guaranteed.
• Adjunct Faculty
Falmouth takes pride in its exceptional faculty. We only work with outstanding trainers who have years of specialized Indian Country experience and who are experts in their fields. You can expect your instructor(s) for this program to deliver top quality training suited to your unique needs as a tribal professional with financial oversight responsibilities.
• Maintaining your Certification
Your certification is valid for one year from the date it is issued. To maintain your certification, you must complete steps 1 and 2 below:
1. Attend at least 12 hours of QUALIFIED CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES (CEUs) before your certification expiration date.**
QUALIFIED TRAINING includes any of Falmouth Institute’s 2-5 day Human Resources classes.
2. Submit a certification maintenance form by the expiration date.
**Falmouth will grant extensions for students who have registered for upcoming classes that start up to 2 months beyond the month their certification expires in. Such students will still need to submit the certification maintenance form by the expiration date. They must note on the form that the class is upcoming, and, upon class completion, resubmit their certification form.