Indian Country Human Resource Certification Program
• About this Certification Program
Falmouth Institute’s Indian Country Human Resource Certification Program provides HR professionals working in Indian Country an opportunity to become trained in human resources topics, issues, laws and regulations unique to tribal organizations and enterprises.
In this updated and refreshed program, we’ll explore new topics, such as tribal sovereignty, the employee life cycle, due process and more.
Advance your career by demonstrating that you’re qualified to employ key human resource practices in Indian Country. Become certified and use your Indian Country Human Resource Certification to:
- Differentiate yourself from others in the HR field
- Stay competitive
- Demonstrate your expertise in day-to-day workplace experiences
- Advance your career
This program is perfect for human resources personnel, including human resources managers and directors, assistants, TERO officers, benefits coordinators and recruitment specialists.
• Certification Process
Become certified by completing these simple steps:
- Register for and attend the Human Resource Certification Program
- Pass the online qualifying exam within seven days of finishing the Program. See the Testing Information below for exam details.
The Falmouth Human Resource Certification Program can also be delivered as an Onsite Program for organizations seeking to certify at least seven participants. To discuss onsite training opportunities, please call us at 800-992-4489 or click here.
• Testing Information
To receive your Human Resource Certification, you must pass the online qualifying exam.*
- The exam consists of both multiple choice and true/false questions drawn from the program’s course content.
- During class, instructions will be provided on how to create your unique username and password and access the exam.
- You must complete the exam in one sitting within seven days after the class concludes. Test results will be provided immediately after exam submission.
- Once you have successfully passed the exam, download your Tribal Human Resource Professional certificate.
- If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, you will have one year to re-test. The exam may be taken three times maximum, after which you must register for and attend the Tribal Human Resource Certification Program again before you are permitted to re-test. A $100 exam fee is required per test registration.
*Testing accommodations are available to those with a documented disability. Please contact Falmouth at 1-800-992-4489 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your particular situation. You must request accommodations when you register for the Certification Program for accommodations to be guaranteed.
• Adjunct Faculty
Falmouth takes pride in its exceptional faculty. We work with outstanding trainers – experts in Human Resources who have years of specialized Indian Country experience.
• Maintaining your Certification
Your certification is valid for one year from the date it is issued. To maintain certification, you must:
- Attend at least 12 hours of qualified training before your certification expiration date*; and
- Submit a certification maintenance form by the expiration date.
*Falmouth will grant extensions for students who are registered for classes that begin 2 months beyond the month their certification expires in. Such students will still need to submit the certification maintenance form by the expiration date. They must note on the form that the class is upcoming and, upon class completion, resubmit their certification form.
Qualified training includes any Falmouth Institute Human Resource class. Click here for the Human Resources course catalog.