Advanced Tribal Administrative Assistant Certification Program
• About the Certification Program
Designed for administrative staff who have already completed Falmouth Institute’s basic Tribal Administrative Assistant Certification Program, this exciting program takes it to the next level by helping you develop the skills and qualities you need to be a leader in your position.
Even though administrative work goes largely unrecognized, the impact a good administrative team can make can mean the difference between a dysfunctional tribal workplace and one that runs seamlessly. If you have basic administrative skills down and are ready to bump it up a notch by developing leadership skills like building trust with your colleagues, effectively managing work relationships—even when under pressure – using sound decision-making and problem-solving skills, giving (and accepting) productive feedback, influencing others to act, and familiarizing yourself with important diversity management concepts, then this is the class for you.
• Certification Process
Become certified by completing these simple steps:
1. Make sure you have already completed Falmouth’s basic Tribal Administrative Assistant Certification Program, passed the qualifying exam and become a Certified Tribal Administrative Professional.
2. Register for and attend Falmouth’s Advanced Tribal Administrative Assistant Certification Program.
3. Pass the qualifying exam within 7 days of finishing the Program.
The Advanced Tribal Administrative Assistant Certification Program can also be delivered as an Onsite Program. This onsite program can be delivered for organizations seeking to certify at least seven participants. To discuss onsite training opportunities, please call us at 800-992-4489 or click here.
• Testing Information
To receive your Advanced Tribal Administrative Assistant Certification, you must pass the online qualifying exam.*
- The exam consists of 30 multiple choice and true/false questions drawn from the program’s course content.
- In class, you’ll receive instructions on how to receive your unique username and password and how to access the exam.
- You’ll have 7 days from the last day of class to access the exam. You must complete the exam in one sitting and you’ll receive your results immediately after you submit it.
- You’ll be able to download your certificate showing that you are a certified Advanced Tribal Administrative Professional (ATAP) as soon as you have passed the exam.
- If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, you’ll have one year to re-test. You may take the exam a total of three times, after which you’ll have to register for and attend the Advanced Tribal Administrative Assistant Certification Program again before you are permitted to re-test. You must pay a $100 exam fee each time you re-register to take the exam.
*Testing accommodations are available to those with a documented disability. Please contact Falmouth at 1-800-992-4489 or email@example.com to discuss your particular situation. You must request accommodations when you register for the Certification Program for accommodations to be guaranteed.
• Adjunct Faculty
Falmouth takes pride in its exceptional faculty. We only work with outstanding trainers who have years of specialized Indian Country experience and who are experts in their fields. You can expect your instructor(s) for this program to deliver top quality training suited to your unique needs as a tribal professional with financial oversight responsibilities.
• Maintaining your Certification
Your certification is valid for one year from the date it is issued. To maintain your certification, you must complete steps 1 and 2 below:
1. Attend at least 12 hours of QUALIFIED CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES (CEUs) before your certification expiration date.**
QUALIFIED TRAINING includes any of Falmouth Institute’s 2-5 day Human Resources classes.
2. Submit a certification maintenance form by the expiration date.
**Falmouth will grant extensions for students who have registered for upcoming classes that start up to 2 months beyond the month their certification expires in. Such students will still need to submit the certification maintenance form by the expiration date. They must note on the form that the class is upcoming, and, upon class completion, resubmit their certification form.